Donations via Bank in East Jerusalem
* Beneficiary: Jeel al Amal
* Bank name: Bank
* Bank number: 17
* Branch name: Salah
Eddin Street, East
Jerusalem, via Israël
* Branch number: 638
* Account nr: 40346
* Swift nr: BARDILIT
* IBAN: IL 77 0176 3800
0000 1403 941
- - - - - - -
Stichting Jeel al Amal
From the Netherlands
* IBAN: NL74 TRIO 0212 4877 79
* Beneficiary: Stichting
Jeel al Amal
Gifts will be used to help finance the camp for boys who have no home to go to during the summer holidays and for the maintenance of this website.
Transfer of money in Euro’s to Jeel al Amal from a private account in another EU-country is possible free of charge through telebanking.
IBAN: NL74 TRIO 0212 4877 79
* Beneficiary: Stichting
Jeel al Amal
To all friends of Jeel al Amal
Another year has passed lining the beginning of a new one with yet more challenges to be met. However, we are determined to go on with our humanitarian work as we see the children coming to us, needy and deprived with absolutely no place to go. They end up empowered with education and hope for a brighter future.
Jeel al Amal, born out of faith, hope and love, will continue to hold on to those values to develop a community of learners where children are enabled to reach their highest potential in an atmosphere of care, respect and tolerance.
We reflect on some of the activities of the 2009-2910 school year.
* At the beginning of this year three housemothers with university degrees in special education and psychology were appointed. Also a music teacher was appointed who gives music lessons to the children and conducts the school choir.
* Jeel al Amal was chosen to participate in a project to stop violence in schools, in co-operation with UNICEF and the Ministry of Education. The project continued for 17 months and included training for the teachers and later on programs for the children that encourage them to seek peaceful solutions and dialogue.
* Jeel al Amal team won the first position for the second year in sports competitions with other schools in tennis and football matches.
* It has become a tradition at Jeel al Amal to organize a summer camp for the children who have no place during the summer. It lasted three months and included various activities of art, music, computer, swimming and several trips. Thanks to the volunteers from England who kept our children entertained and to our friends in Holland for their support.
* Ten boys were invited to France by the Bobigny Municipality to attend the summer camp there. The boys were accompanied by supervisors from Jeel al Amal. They visited the Champs Élysées, the French Scientific Museum, the Arc-en-Ciel and the Eiffel Tower. In addition to a visit to Jean Jacques Rousseau School the boys had a meeting with the Mayor of Bobigny. It was a trip they will remember as long as they live.
* A major event this year was the launching of the Jeel al Amal website www.jeelalamal.org, the link was translated from Dutch to English and includes various information and literature on Jeel al Amal since its early beginning.
* Some maintenance took place during the summer. The dining room, the banisters, the fire escape and the library were all renovated. Our next top priority is the improvement of the bedrooms to create a cozy atmosphere for the children.
On behalf of the children and the staff at Jeel al Amal we express our gratitude to our special friends who shared our vision and had confidence in our mission. Without them Jeel al Amal would not have withstood the trials that came its way. Those friends will continue to be the solid backbone of Jeel al Amal, their support is highly appreciated.